Monday, January 12, 2009

Competition

Over at The New Colony there's a new post about the importance of competition.  I agree that permission to leave stacks of fliers in each other's lobbies isn't exactly the same as fostering an artistic community.   I've offered live trailers as one possibility for more engaging cross-promotion.  But they might be a bit of a logistical nightmare.  In addition to helping each other, however, I'm also a big fan of feuds.  I guess it goes along with my love of manifestoes, but I'm entirely in support of different theater companies around town really competing for audiences by having strong artistic points of view and the necessary and productive result: disagreements.  Let's keep them nonviolent, though, sometimes feuds go too far. Start at 0:35.

No comments: